Departure: Every day
Hotel pick-up: 9:00 AM
Duration: 10 hours
Max People: 8 persons
- Visit 2000-years old Roman theatre – one of the best-preserved Roman Theatres in the world
- Explore Plovdiv Old Town – archaeological and historical reserve, located on three of Plovdiv’s hills
- Plovdiv City – European Capital of Culture for 2019 | #together
- Kapana Creative District – the art lovers’ gem and the heart of the urban living in Plovdiv
- Immerse yourself in Plovdiv’s food and wine scene while enjoying an excellent selection of typical Bulgarian meals and beverages
Experience a day in Plovdiv you’ll never forget with this full-day trip from Sofia. Your friendly local guide will pick you up from your accommodation in the capital and after 1,5-hour drive you will arrive in Plovdiv – the second largest city of Bulgaria and also cultural and gourmet capital of the Balkan country. Wandering through the Old Town of Plovdiv and visit millennia-old monuments and historical sites, as well as through Kapana – the creative and art district of the city, your day will be dedicated to experiencing the culture and the very best of Bulgarian food and wine. Multiple tastings of traditional pastries, typical dishes and appetizers, tasty lunch, coffee on the sand and local liquors, as well as a tasting of the world-famous Bulgarian wine, will make your day tasty and enjoyable.
During the day you will discover the history that lies behind every corner of the city that begins 8000 years ago. You will also dive into the culture, history, art and food scene of the European Capital of Culture for 2019. Museums, roman ruins, art galleries, street musicians, local and international cuisine, craft beer joints, restaurants with local wine lists and much more is what Plovdiv has to offer for its visitors. After the tour, your guide will drive you back to Sofia and will drop you off at your accommodation.
|Departure & Return Location||Your hotel or apartment in Sofia.|
|Deparure Time||Every day at 9:00 AM or the time that best suits you.|
|What to Bring||Comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. We also encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle.|
This is a private tour and the price depends on the size of your group. For some dates and periods, we might run shared tours as well. Contact us for more information.
- 2 people: €129 per person
- 3 people: €109 per person
- 4-6 people: €99 per person
- 7-8 people: €89 per person
- 9+ people: upon request
Included in the price:
- Transportation Sofia – Plovdiv – Sofia by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Professional English-speaking driver/guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee for the Ancient Roman Theater
- Tasty lunch at a traditional restaurant
- All tastings at local culinary hotspots
- Bottled mineral water (although we recommend bringing your reusable bottle)
- 20% VAT
Not included in the price:
- Insurance, personal expenses, tips
- Booking in advance is required. Just drop us a line in the contacts section, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in Messenger.
- Payment can be processed via bank transfer, PayPal or in cash to the driver on the day of the trip (both euro or leva).
- Departure every day at 9:00 AM from your accommodation in Sofia. The tour will run in all weather conditions.
- Trip duration: 9 hours including transfers. Expected return in Sofia by 18:00 PM
- Transfers duration: 100 min per direction.
- Please mention food allergies or dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Trip schedule:
9:00: Hotel pick-up and departure to Plovdiv
11:00 – 16:00: Walking city tour, lunch, food & beverage tastings, visit the Ancient Theatre
16:15: Departure to Sofia.
18:00: Arrival in Sofia, drop-off at your hotel
The abundance of Ancient sites, as well as remarkable Revival houses, museums, and galleries, turns Plovdiv into a treasure on Earth waiting to be discovered. The Ancient theatre, the Roman stadium, the Early-Christian and Bishop Basilicas, as well as the Ancient forum, are among the most impressive sites, due to which Plovdiv has been listed in „TOP 10 most beautiful ancient cities in the World“.
Due to its diverse cultural heritage and number of activities, Plovdiv has been also listed in „TOP 10 must-visit destinations in 2015“ by Loveny Planet, as well as „European Best Destinations 2016“. Being proclaimed European Capital of Culture 2019, Plovdiv is the first Bulgarian city chosen to be a European cultural center for a whole year.
Само влезли клиенти, които са поръчали този продукт, могат да оставят отзив.